Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lush Review: Oatifix

Okay. I bought this while my husband and I were in Dallas this past weekend for Valentine's Day. We don't have a Lush in Oklahoma, so everytime we go out of state, I make sure and get my Lush fix. I saw the face masks and said.. "Which one is for dry skin?" The helpful girl at the store picked this one up and I smelled it.

It smells like heaven. No joke. Like, if I had to imagine a smell for heaven, this face mask would be it. It's oatmeal-banana-vanilla-sex. The texture is a little chunky but otherwise it feels wonderful to my hands.

I let it sit out for about ten minutes before I applied it to my face. At first, no issues at all. Smoothed it all over, felt very nice. Then the burning started.

So, I'm sitting here thinking, 'It's just warming up, doing it's job.'

I was so mistaken.

Not only did it literally start to burn but when I took it off my face looked horrid. I didn't take pictures at the time because I was so mortified but it was almost bumpy but the bumps were too large to be considered bumps and my face was blood red.

What happened, I assume, was I had an allergic reaction to something in the mask. Which sucks because I was really hoping for it to be my miracle mask. For everyone that reads this, try a little patch test on your arm before you cover your face in it.

Hope this helps! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment